Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) stock shot up on Wall Street Tuesday after the company announced that it had an incredible opening weekend for its newest blockbuster game, “Red Dead Redemption 2,” which was released on Friday.
The company said that there was over $725 million in worldwide retail sell-through during its first three days. “Red Dead Redemption 2” is the second highest grossing entertainment launch of all time, next to Rockstar Games’ previously released title, “Grand Theft Auto V,” which achieved over $1 billion in retail sell-through in three days.
Sony Interactive Entertainment also confirmed that “Red Dead Redemption 2” set new records on the PlayStation Network for highest ever preorders, highest day one sales and highest sales for the first three days in market.
Some of the highlights from a news release:
- Biggest opening weekend in retail sell-through across all entertainment releases.
- Biggest entertainment launch of 2018.
- Most preordered full game ever on PlayStation Network.
- Biggest day one full game sales ever on PlayStation Network.
- Biggest first three days full game sales ever on PlayStation Network.
Shares of Take-Two were last seen up about 9% at $121.44, in a 52-week range of $92.81 to $139.91. The consensus analyst price target is $140.85.
Originally published on 247 WallStreet